Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses
- Publish Date: 2016-05-25
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: April Hazard Vallerand PhD RN FAAN;Cynthia A. Sanoski BS PharmD FCCP BCPS
SAFETY FIRST!Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses(R), Fifteenth Edition delivers all of the information you need to administer medications safely across the lifespan--well-organized monographs for hundreds of generic and thousands of trade-name drugs. BONUS!
FREE DIGITAL ACCESS www.DrugGuide.com Redeem the access code inside to unlock your one-year, free subscription to Davis's Drug Guide Online, powered by Unbound Medicine. It's accessible from your desktop, laptop, or any mobile device with a web browser
- 5,000-drug database and appendices Cross-referencing of drugs FDA drug news
- Red tab for high alert medications, plus in-depth high alert and patient safety coverage Red, capitalized letters for life-threatening side effects NEW! REP heading for use of drugs in males and females of reproductive age Drug-drug, drug-food, drug-natural product interactions Pedi, Geri, OB, and Lactation cautions IV administration subheads REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies) icon Pharmacogenomic content and icon Canadian-specific content Much more!
LEARNING, CARE-PLANNING, AND PATIENT EDUCATION TOOLS Online at DavisPlus (Redeem the Plus Code on the inside front cover of a new, printed text to access your DavisPlus resources.)
- Audio library for 1,200+ drug names Three tutorials, each with a self-test Calculators for body mass index (BMI), metric conversions, IV drip rates, dosage/kg, and Fahrenheit/Celsius Interactive case studies, brief, real-life scenarios that are followed by a series of question Med-Deck-style cards Video clips illustrating the safe administration of medications Animations demonstrating the administration and absorption of oral drugs Schematic brain illustrations depicting the impact of certain DSM disorders and the effect of psychotropic medications on patients
Reviews for Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 14th Edition
I'm a BSN student, and this book has been an excellent resource. When my instructors ask me questions about medications, I know I will be able to answer any questions they have with this book... This was the book my toughest clinical instructor recommended to me, and my classmates who have other drug manuals wish they had this one.
- Honor F., Nursing Student
As a student nurse, I spend more time with this book than I do with my family. Easy to read, good layout, informative, to the point. It was required by my program and I have found it to be a wonderful resource.
- Jen S., Nursing Student
I am able to write nursing plans, understand disease process, and proper administration of drugs all because of this one book.
- Kia S.
Simply put, the best drug guide out there.
- Amazon Reviewer