For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards
- Publish Date: 2015-08-18
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Jen Hatmaker
Best-selling author Jen Hatmaker is convinced life can be lovely and fun and courageous and kind.Â She reveals with humor and style how Jesusâ embarrassing grace is the key to dealing with life's biggest challenge: people. The majority of our joys, struggles, thrills, and heartbreaks relate to people, beginning with ourselves and then the people we came from, married, birthed, live by, go to church with, donât like, donât understand, fear, compare ourselves to, and judge. Jen knows how the squeeze of this life can make us competitive and judgmental, how we can lose love for others and then for ourselves. She reveals how to:
- Break free of guilt and shame by dismantling the unattainable Pinterest life.
- Learn to engage our cultureâs controversial issues with a grace-firstÂ approach.
- Be liberated to love and release the burden of always being right.Â
- Identify the tools you already have to develop real-life, all-in, know-my-junk-but-love-me-anyway friendships.
- Escape our impossible standards for parenting and marriage by accepting theÂ standard of âmostly good.â
- Laugh your butt off.
In this raucous ride to freedom for modern women, Jen Hatmaker baresÂ the refreshing wisdom, wry humor, no-nonsense faith, liberating insight, and fearless honesty that have made her beloved by women worldwide.