The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You
- Publish Date: 1997-06-02
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Elaine N. Aron
Are you a highly sensitive person?
Do you have a keen imagination and vivid dreams?Â Â Is time alone each day as essential to you as food and water?Â Â Are you too shy or too sensitive according to others?Â Â Do noise and confusion quickly overwhelm you?Â Â If your answers are yes, you may be a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP).
Most of us feel overstimulated every once in a while, but for the Highly Sensitive Person, it's a way of life.Â Â In this groundbreaking book, Dr. Elaine Aron, a psychotherapist, workshop leader and highly sensitive person herself, shows you how to identify this trait in yourself and make the most of it in everyday situations.Â Â Drawing on her many years of research and hundreds of interviews, she shows how you can better understand yourself and your trait to create a fuller, richer life.Â Â
In The Highly Sensitive Person, you will discover:
* Self-assessment tests to help you identify your particular sensitivities
* Ways to reframe your past experiences in a positive light and gain greater self-esteem in the process
* Insight into how high sensitivity affects both work and personal relationships
* Tips on how to deal with overarousal
* Informations on medications and when to seek help
* Techniques to enrich the soul and spirit