The Day the Crayons Came Home
- Publish Date: 2015-08-18
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Drew Daywalt
The companion to the #1 blockbuster bestseller, The Day the Crayons Quit!
A Wall Street Journal Best Children's Book of 2015 / A TIME Magazine Top 10 Children's Book of 2015
âHighly anticipated (yes, even for adults)â âEntertainment Weekly
I'm not sure what it is about this kid Duncan, but his crayons sure are a colorful bunch of characters! Having soothed the hurt feelings of one group who threatened to quit, Duncan now faces a whole new group of crayons asking to be rescued. From Maroon Crayon, who was lost beneath the sofa cushions and then broken in two after Dad sat on him; to poor Turquoise, whose head is now stuck to one of Duncan's stinky socks after they both ended up in the dryer together; to Pea Green, who knows darn well that no kid likes peas and who ran awayâeach and every crayon has a woeful tale to tell and a plea to be brought home to the crayon box.
Look for a special glow-in-the-dark picture [Note: make sure to âchargeâ it under a light first].
Praise for The Day the Crayons Came HomeÂ Â
Winner of theÂ GoodreadsÂ Choice Award for Best Picture Book of 2015!
AÂ Wall Street JournalÂ Best Book of 2015!
One of Parents Magazine's Ten Best Children's Books of 2015!
A Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year!Â
Funnier than the creators' original blockbuster.--Parents Magazine
Mr. Daywaltâs text blends with Mr. Jeffersâs illustrations to make a picture book that will have children clamoring for more crayon adventures.âThe Wall Street JournalÂ
âContinues its predecessorâs pleasing, goofy conceitâ¦Once again, both Daywaltâs text and Jeffersâ illustrations are endearing.ââNew York Times Book Review
âBy telling stories from the points of view of crayons, giving voices to the small and ignored, Daywalt and Jeffers have created two books that offer plenty of charm and fun, but also make children feel deeply understood.ââThe Boston Globe
* A masterwork of humor and design . . . Sure to be as popular asÂ The Day the Crayons Quit.âBooklist,Â starred review
* A brilliant, colorful tale that begs to be read aloud and a must-have for all collections.âSchool Library Journal,Â starred review
* Once again, Daywalt and Jeffers create rich emotional lives and personalities for their colorful cast, and itâs hard to imagine a reader who wonât be delighted.âPublishers Weekly, starred review
âNot only stands on its own merit, but may be even more colorful than the original.ââHuffington Post
âDrew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers once again offer perceptive and frequently hilarious insightsâ¦The Day the Crayons Came HomeÂ will have readers of all ages chucklingâand will inspire kidsâ empathy and imagination in equal measure.ââBookPageÂ
Praise for The Day the Crayons Quit
The #1Â New York Times bestselling phenomenonâover two years on the bestseller list!
Winner of the E.B. White Read-Aloud Award
Amazonâs 2013 Best Picture Book of the Year
A Barnes & Noble Best Book of 2013
Goodreadsâ 2013 Best Picture Book of the YearÂ
* âHilarious . . . Move over, Click, Clack, Moo; weâve got a new contender for the most successful picture-book strike.â âBCCB, starred reviewÂ
âJeffers . . . elevates crayon drawing to remarkable heights.â âBooklist
âFresh and funny.â âThe Wall Street Journal
This book will have children asking to have it read again and again.â âLibrary Media Connection
* âThis colorful title should make for an uproarious storytime.â âSchool Library Journal, starred reviewÂ
* âThese memorable personalities will leave readers glancing apprehensively at their own crayon boxes.â âPublishers Weekly, starred reviewÂ
âUtterly original.â âSan Francisco Chronicle