Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings: How to Stop the Fighting and Raise Friends for Life
- Publish Date: 2015-05-05
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Dr. Laura Markham
Popular parenting expert Dr. Laura Markham, author of PEACEFUL PARENTS, HAPPY SIBLINGS, has garnered a large and loyal readership around the world, thanks to her simple, insightful approach that values the emotional bond between parent and child. As any parent of more than one child knows, though, itâs challenging for even the most engaged parent to maintain harmony and a strong connection when competition, tempers, and irritation run high.
In this highly anticipated guide, Dr. Markham presents simple yet powerful ways to cut through the squabbling and foster a loving, supportive bond between siblings, while giving each child the vital connection that he or she needs.
PEACEFUL PARENT, HAPPY SIBLINGS includes hands-on, research-based advice on:
- Creating deep connections with each one of your children, so that each truly believes that you couldnât possibly love anyone else more.
- Fostering a loving family culture that encourages laughter and minimizes fighting
- Teaching your children healthy emotional self-management and conflict resolution skillsâso that they can work things out with each other, get their own needs met and respect the needs of others
- Helping your kids forge a close lifelong sibling bondâas well as the relationship skills they will need for a life of healthy friendships, work relationships, and eventually their own family bonds.