Pocket Companion for Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 7e
- Publish Date: 2015-02-20
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Carolyn Jarvis PhD APN CNP
Take this nursing handbook into the clinical setting! Pocket Companion for Physical Examination & Health Assessment, 7th Edition makes it fast and easy to look up essential assessment skills and techniques. Youâll conduct more effective exams by referring to summaries of examination steps, normal versus abnormal findings, lifespan and multicultural considerations, and over 250 full-color photos and illustrations. Written by well-known educator and clinician Carolyn Jarvis, this handbook is a perfect clinical tool whether youâre a beginner who is learning assessment skills or a practitioner who needs a portable reference!
- Convenient two-column format makes it easier to access, learn, and understand key physical examination skills and findings.
- More than 250 full-color illustrations demonstrate examination skills, underlying anatomy and physiology, and normal and abnormal findings.
- Color-coded design helps you easily locate the information you need, dividing each body system chapter into major sections (anatomy, subjective data, objective data, and abnormal findings).
- Abnormal findings tables help you recognize, sort, and describe key abnormal findings.
- Summary checklists offer reviews of key examination steps for quick reference.
- Developmental Competence sections highlight content specific to infants, children, adolescents, pregnant women, and older adults.
- Spanish-language translation chart helps you improve communication with Hispanic patients during the physical examination.
- Cultural Competence sections provide a context for care of multicultural patient groups.
- NEWÂ evidence-based guidelines reflect a focus on conducting the most effective, qualitative exams.
- NEW content on the Electronic Health Record, charting, and narrative recording includes examples of how to document assessment findings.
- NEW photos of normal and abnormal findings show the nose, mouth, throat, thorax, and pediatric assessment, including developmental and cultural variations.