How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth: Fourth Edition
- Publish Date: 2014-06-24
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Gordon D. Fee;Douglas Stuart
Understanding the Bible isnât for the few, the gifted, the scholarly. The Bible is accessible. Itâs meant to be read and comprehended by everyone from armchair readers to seminary students. A few essential insights into the Bible can clear up a lot of misconceptions and help you grasp the meaning of Scripture and its application to your twenty-first-century life.
More than three quarters of a million people have turned to How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth to inform their reading of the Bible. This fourth edition features revisions that keep pace with current scholarship, resources, and culture. Changes include:
- Updated language for better readability
- Scripture references now appear only in brackets at the end of a sentence or paragraph, helping you read the Bible as you would read any bookâwithout the numbers
- A new authorsâ preface
- Redesigned and updated diagrams
- Updated list of recommended commentaries and resources
Covering everything from translational concerns to different genres of biblical writing, How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth is used all around the world. In clear, simple language, it helps you accurately understand the different parts of the Bibleâtheir meaning for ancient audiences and their implications for you todayâso you can uncover the inexhaustible worth that is in Godâs Word.