Letting Go, Sixth Edition: A Parents' Guide to Understanding the College Years
- Publish Date: 2016-06-28
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Karen Levin Coburn;Madge Lawrence Treeger
The sixth edition of this classic parentsâ guide and college orientation staple has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect the realities of college today.Â
For more than a decade, Letting Go has provided hundreds of thousands of parents with valuable insights, information, comfort, and guidance throughout the emotional and social changes of their children's college yearsâfrom the senior year in high school through college graduation.
Based on research and real life experience, and recommended by colleges and universities around the country, Letting Go, Sixth Edition, has been updated and revised, offering even more insightful, practical, and up-to-date information. In this era of constant communication, this edition tackles the challenge facing parents: finding the balance between staying connected and letting go.
- When should parents encourage independence?
- When should they intervene?
- What issues of identity and intimacy await students?
- What are normal feelings of disorientation and loneliness for studentsâand for parents?
- What is different about today's college environment?
- What new concerns about safety, health and wellness, and stress will affect incoming classes?
A timeless resource, Letting Go, Sixth Edition, is an indispensable book that parents can depend on and turn to for all of their questions and concerns regarding sending their children to college.